This is an assorted collection of resources (in no particular order) that I've found useful over the years and/or thought others might. I'm still in the process of sorting through the text file on my computer where these links have lived until now, and transferring them to this page, so please stay tuned for updates!
Space Ethics and Indigenous Perspectives
- The Declaration of the Rights of the Moon.
- The Indigenous Education Institute.
- Native Skywatchers.
- 'Wanderers': a collection of articles in SAPIENS magazine.
- Recordings and resources from the Online Learning Series on 'Indigenous Knowledge & Western Science: Collaboration, Relationship, and Climate Solutions' hosted by the Global Council for Science and the Environment.
- The Space Ethics Library.
- Lunar Sustainability Goals developed by students at the International Space University.
- Conversations on Indigenous Research Methodologies and the Science of Being Off-Earth hosted by the Indigenous Research Center at Salish Kootenai College.
- Dr. Linda Billings's blog.
Inclusive Research, Teaching, and Mentorship
- Recommendations from the 2022 Advancing IDEA in Planetary Science Conference.
- Center for the Integration of Research, Teaching and Learning (CIRTL).
- Unlearning Racism in Geoscience (URGE).
- 'A Practical Guide to Mentoring Across Intersections' - article by Anicca Harriot for VanguardSTEM.
- American Physical Society webinar series on 'Making Physics Inclusive & Equitable'.
- 'Equity in Action' seminar series hosted by the NSF INCLUDES Aspire Alliance.
- SACNAS Webinars.
- Inclusive Astronomy 2 Conference (includes links to Inclusive Astronomy 1).
- Some statistics on workplace diversity.
- Journal of Women and Minorities in Science and Engineering.
- 'White Supremacy Culture Characteristics' (note: I'm not sure if the framing of these characteristics as white supremacy culture is useful, but I do find the naming and deconstruction of these norms useful).
- Pride in STEM - Resources.
- Astronomy and Astrophysics Outlist.
- VanguardSTEM platform for women of color in STEM.
- Boricua Planeteers. 🇵🇷
- Slides from Dr. Christina Richey's proposal writing workshop.
- The most recent DSMC workshop.
- The most recent Rarefied Gas Dynamics symposium.
- The Postdoc Academy (I haven't participated in this myself, but thought it looked useful!)
- Career development workshops organized by the American Astronomical Society (AAS).
- The AGILE program aims to build connections between AAPI (Asian American and Pacific Islander) geoscientists and students.
- Astronomers For Planet Earth.
- Astro Advocates aims to fight sexual harassment and other forms of bullying in the space industry.
- NASA SMD Community of Practice for Education (NASA SCoPE).
- Virtual classroom visits with Skype a Scientist.
- Habits of Mind.
- Tips on Submitting a Competitive Internship Application.
- Women+ of Color Project for graduate school advice.
- Professional Advancement Workshop Series (PAWS) for exploring careers beyond academia.
- APL Internships and CIRCUIT.
- Resources for people of color in STEAM compiled by Miché Aaron.
- Out to Innovate™ Career Development Fellowship for trans, non-binary, and intersex people in STEM.
- Brooke Owens Fellowship for women and gender minorities in aerospace.
- Patti Grace Smith Fellowship for Black students seeking careers in aerospace.
- Summer Undergraduate Program for Planetary Research (SUPPR).
- LPI Summer Intern Program in Planetary Science.
- Planetary science opportunities at Western University (Canada).
- Carnegie Astrophysics Summer Student Internship Program (SoCal).
- Conference for Undergraduate Underrepresented Minorities in Physics (CU2MIP).
- Research opportunities for undocumented and DACA students.
- FAMOUS travel grants to attend American Astronomical Society meetings.
- Internships through NASA's Neurodiversity Network (N3).
- Undergraduate research opportunities at REU Finder (includes opportunities for international, community college, and undocumented students).
- Planetary Scientists of Color (private Facebook group).
- Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in Geosciences (AAPIiG).
- Next Generation Lunar Scientists and Engineers (NextGen).
- JHU Homewood Postdoctoral Association (HW-PDA).
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES).
- National Association of Black Geoscientists (NABG).
- National Society of Black Physicists (NSBP).
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS).
- Society of Indigenous Physicists.
- Black In Astro (look out for Black Space Week, usually around Juneteenth!)
- SSERVI Focus Groups (I run the Volatiles one! Also known as the Friends of Lunar Volatiles.)
- Astrobites: summaries of astrophysics research by a team of graduate students.
- Prebiotic Chemistry and Early Earth Environments Consortium (PCE3).
- Astrochemistry Discussions.
- TSU Mini-Moon Seminar Series.
- Exoplanet orbit movies by Dr. Jason Wang (I usually stick to our solar system, but this is amazing!).
- Space Science Reviews collection on Surface-Bounded Exospheres and Interactions in the Inner Solar System.